IV (Intravenous) nutritional therapy is the quickest and most efficient way to deliver nutrients to the tissues of the body. This delivery system circumvents the poor bioavailability and potential breakdown in the GI track of some orally administered nutrients. It is a powerful way of replenishing your body with nutrients in a shortest amount of time. The therapies are tailored directly to your individual and nutrient needs.
Conditions Improved with IM or IV Therapies Include but Not Limited to:
Immune Supportive for Acute Illnesses: To decrease severity and duration.
Acute viral illness/colds
Immune Supportive for Chronic Infections/conditions
Hepatitis C & AIDS
Cancer Supportive and Revitalization after Chemo
Adrenal and Endocrine Health and Wellness
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Optimal Health and Wellness
Recovery after Athletic events: To enhance performance during training and to facilitate recovery.
Post-Operative Repair from Surgical Procedures: To provide required nutrients for optimal healing and speedy recovery.
Acute or chronic muscle spasm
What treatments are available as IV Infusion?
At Temecula Valley Advanced Medicine, we provide nutritional IV’s, homeopathic injectables for IM and IV infusions, and herbal IV therapies that are individualized based on your specific health condition.
Modified Myer’s Cocktail /Immune Supportive IV’s
A powerful blend of vitamins and minerals designed for IV use. It was pioneered by Dr. Jon Myers, a Maryland Physician, in 1970s. Although Dr. Myers, the inventor of the cocktail, originally had one formula, that formula has since evolved. Now, doctors will often customize the Myers’ Cocktail according to a patient’s particular needs, adding or deleting nutrients as appropriate. This vitamins and minerals formula, which consists of various concentrations of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, and vitamin C, has been found to be effective against:
- Chronic fatigue
- Acute muscle spasm
- Upper respiratory infections and other disorders
High Dose Vitamin C
To achieve serum concentration not obtainable by oral or even intramuscular routes, intravenous treatment of high dose Vitamin C high is used. Vitamin C can be given alone or in combination with other vitamins and minerals to obtain synergistic biochemical effects.
Infusions of 25-75 g are given routinely. Doses of 100 g at a time have been given with no side effects. A specific genetic disorder needs to be ruled out by a simple blood test before initiating treatment.
High dose vitamin C is used as an immune supportive therapy for variety of conditions:
- To shorten both severity and duration of illness
- Wound healing post surgery
- To vitalize and boots energy
- To facilitate nutrient availability for certain neurological conditions
- To enhance immune response
Glutathione is a potent antioxidant and quenches dangerous free radicals. It also binds to dangerous toxins through a process called “conjugation” so that they can be safely eliminated. Absorption of glutathione is oral form is limited. Therefore, IV glutathione is used to ensure effective delivery of the nutrient directly through the bloodstream into the cells. Glutathione infusion therapy is used as an immune supportive and in the treatment of conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Liver diseases (hepatitis, fatty liver, cirrhosis)
- Cancer supportive therapies
Specific combinations of homeopathics that are individualized based on your health condition and are administered either as an IM or IV infusion. These homeopathic formulas are combination of natural ingredients that work together to provide multi-symptom relief from many common ailments. They can be administered with or without vitamin and mineral infusions for the following conditions:
- To stimulate non-specific defense system in viral infections such as influenza, cold cores, and feverish conditions.
- For temporary relief of symptoms related to influenza such as fever, malaise, body aches and painful joints.
- For temporary relief of muscle spasms anywhere in the body including abdominal cramps, menstrual cramps, and intestinal colic.
- For temporary relief of mild to moderate arthritic pain, Osteoarthritis, and joint stiffness.
- A drug-free anti-inflammatory, immunomodulation, and analgesic alternative.
Specific or combination of IV approved herbs added to vitamin and mineral IV infusions that are shown to stimulate and support the immune system.
What is the duration of Treatment?
Treatment frequency and duration depends on treatments needed. Most infusions lasts 30 to 45 minutes and require 1 to 2 infusions per week.
How many treatments of IV vitamin therapy will I need?
Every case is different. Our Treatment program is created to address each individual patient’s needs. We recognize that each patient has a unique set of risk factors based on his/her family history, diet and lifestyle, past medical history, and other current medical conditions for which he/she is undergoing treatment.
Our Personalized Health Plan includes:
- Comprehensive Health Intake by a Licensed Naturopathic Doctor
- Physical Exam
- Laboratory Evaluation (Routine and/or Specific)
- Individualized IV Therapy Plan and frequency of treatment
- Continual monitoring and evaluation
Number of treatments will depend on your particular condition and your individual response to the prescribed therapy. Chronic diseases often require chronic treatments. However, many of our patients report feeling symptomatic relief, more energy, and an overall sense of well-being after just one session of intravenous vitamin therapy!
How safe is IV Therapy?
IV therapies and IM injections are safe, effective, and minimally invasive therapies that are well tolerated by most people.
Some of the most common side effects include but not limited to:
- Pain, Irritation, inflammation or bruising at the injection site
- Sensation of warmth and flushing
- Vitamin taste in the mouth
- Urine may have strong odor or color shortly after completion
- Systemic complication of allergic symptoms can occur, but this is rare